Sell your um curso em milagres online is an idea that has been tested and proven over time by many frustrated authors and publishers. This article will give you tips about the art and science of this version of direct, network sales and marketing. IF you follow these tips, you will make new sales to new customers, and expand your network!
Have you ever heard of the door-knocking encyclopedia sales person? How about the Bible being sold door-to-door? All kinds of books have been sold this way, from fiction to non-fiction.
The method of ringing a door-bell, and knocking on the door WORKS. Here are some tips for you to read, digest, and then use, and get busy makings some new sales, and some new readers of your books!
1) Make sure the book you are selling is top quality. All the important details are checked off:
- Front and back cover are attractive, relevant to the content, and look professional. I recommend a full-colour treatment;
- Obviously the content has to be excellent;
- Interior text layout MUST be crisp, clean, with proper sizing. DO NOT try and jam in text and fill the entire page. Carefully study the layout of successful books and get a feel for what works in the real world;
2) Create a “door-knocker” and or a flyer, something cool that you can leave behind to let people know you came by:
- Colour is best, but you can do a lot with black and white graphic interplay of text and form;
- Write a blaster headline for your door-knocker. Example: “Coyote Medicine… the Medicine of the Fool!”
- On your door-knocker, be brief and to the point. Point the potential new customer to the most essential few words that sum up your book;
- Make it clear on the door-knocker how they can contact you;
- Seriously think about giving them something for contacting you, like a reduced price on the book;
- Same idea to get them to keep the door-knocker. Offer them a further discount if they pass the door-knocker on to a friend;
3) OPTIONAL: Make yourself a sandwich board out of bristol board.
- Have big pictures of the front cover of your book on the sandwich boards;
- And really large font size for your headlines;
- Arrange the layout of your sandwich board so that people can read it from across the street, down the block;
- You are going to feel strange wearing a sandwich board, and it will drive awareness for your project;
- So it is important that it looks good, nice and clean on the layout, and not too busy, not too cluttered.
- Keep it simple and full of pow-wow;
4) Okay, you have the book, the door-knocker, a flyer, and the sandwich board. What next? You have you. And you are the most important part of this whole equation:
- Put on shoes for walking. I do not recommend high-heels for either men or women;
- Dress for success;
- Practice what you are going to say to the person who answers the door;
- Keep your pitch simple, to the point, and speak carefully, say each word clearly, NOT too loud, and definitely NOT too soft. See the sample pitch at the end of this article;
- Do NOT crowd the door. Stay far from the door. Look harmless, NOT shifty and weird;
- Put a smile on your face and in your voice;
- As you go door-to-door, remind yourself that you are offering a unique opportunity to your potential NEW reader. They get to buy from you directly, and it is something they will remember doing the rest of their lives;
- Give yourself a minimum number of doors to knock before you pack it in for the day. 100 is a nice round number. 1000 is also a nice, round number;